Hi SS followers,
As I promise I will post easy recipes for this holidays. Here is a recipe that is super easy, delicious and fun to make with your kids. The Holiday Chex Mix is a great treat to bring to any holiday party. The combination of salty and sweet is perfect!
The best thing about this mix is that you can use your favorite candies. For example you can add some M&M, Reese’s, peanuts, candy cane and more.
- Rice Chex or Chex Mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- 2 Candy Melts bags (I use one mild and one white chocolate)
- Holiday sprinkles
- Melt one bag of chocolate (mild chocolate).
- Cover a tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Spread the chocolate on the tray creating a layer. Make sure that the layer is not too thin to hold the other ingredients that you are going to place on top.
- Now you can start adding the other ingredients. I start adding them from the biggest to the smallest. For example this time I start adding the pretzels then the rice Chex, marshmallows and peanuts.
- Melt the white chocolate bag.
- With a spoon pour the chocolate over unevenly. You can do it moving the spoon in zigzag.
- Now add the sprinkles.
- Let the chocolate get hard. If you want to accelerate the process put the tray in the fridge for a few minutes.
- When the chocolate is set use your hands to break the in to unevenly pieces. You can storage them in a plastic container or a holiday metal box.
This is super easy and you can make it less than 30 minutes. I promise everyone is going to love it!
*Remember you can find me at Instagram and Facebook as Surrounding Style. 😉