You will think that popsicle stick are for school, right? But wait until you see this hexagon shelfs. They are super easy to make and low cost. In recent years we see a lot of Mid-Century home decor pieces. With this shelfs your home will get that Mid-Century touch for a fraction of the cost that you will pay at the store.
If you have kids, this is a great project to make with them!!!
You will need:
1. Popsicle Stick- one hexagon shelf takes 100 popsicle sticks
2. Arts & Craft Glue- make sure that works for wood
3. Paint or Wood Stain- you can use any type of paint you want
4. Paint Brush- small size, is more easy to get to the corners.
1. On a paper place 6 popsicle stick in the shape of a hexagon.
2. Start sticking the popsicle sticks one by one.
3. When you have the first layer, you will continue to stick one by one until you finish the 100 popsicle sticks.
4. Let the glue dry. (minimun of 30 minutes)
5. When is dry you can start to paint the shelf. You can also leave it unpainted, for a natural look. I paint my shelf with a light gold color.
6. When the paint is dry you are DONE! NOW put it on the wall and decorate it with a small plant or whatever you like. It is very important that you do not place very heavy objects on these shelves as they are light.
I hope that you enjoy this tutorial!!! Feel free to share this with your family and friends.
Be creative, be you…